Indigenous Peoples and Human Rights

September 26, 2007

Censored's Hall of Fame and Shame

By Brenda Norrell

It is a great day not to be working on staff at a newspaper where I have to hype Nike or anyone else. Thanks to Klee Benally for his article on Nike's profiteering. A special thanks to Common Ground and filmmakers in New Orleans for their videos shown at the University of Arizona last night, resulting in the article, "Katrina's Flood: Apartheid and ethnic cleansing in New Orleans."
The Hall of Shame award today goes to National Public Radio, for their excrements promoting military service and their broadcast fueling religious prejudice and racism toward Muslims in prison.
NPR's program promoted the official US notion that having religious books in prison will lead Muslims to convert innocent inmates into terrorists:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=14728199

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I have enjoyed this blog via my google reader for a few months, now. The more I educate myself the more I see that National Public Radio and Public Television does not always belong on the pedestal to which I have placed them my entire life. Though the programming still beats network television they are not above reproach, though I wonder what exactly did I miss today regarding Muslims in prison.

Wishing you and ours health , balance and joy.