Indigenous Peoples and Human Rights

April 9, 2020

Zuni Pueblo Governor: 15 cases of coronavirus and one death




Zuni Pueblo Governor: 15 cases of coronavirus and one death

By Brenda Norrell
Censored News

ZUNI PUEBLO -- Zuni Pueblo Governor Val Panteah said there are fifteen cases of coronavirus on the Pueblo and one member has died.

Governor Panteah said, "As an update, as of today, we have 15 tribal members that have tested positive for Coronavirus. One death. I don’t know how else to put it but all of you need to stay home! I would ask you, is travel really necessary? Every time you leave your home, you are taking a risk against your health maybe even death!"

Zuni is located in northwest New Mexico, near Gallup, N.M., and the Navajo Nation.

Coronavirus cases increased throughout the Pueblos in New Mexico, with two clusters shown.

Zia Pueblo and San Felipe Pueblos in northern New Mexico have reported the most cases. San Felipe Pueblo reports 52 cases and Zia Pueblo 31 cases.



1 comment:

marcaeoloG said...

I have wondered about whether anyone was infected there as I have several friends in Zuñi. I had called them already to check and they were OK. I was hopeful it was going to miss them but I guess there is really no place safe from this. Everyone stay safe and follow best practices. Listen to Dr. Fauci!