Indigenous Peoples and Human Rights

June 5, 2015

Leonard Peltier 'My Life is in Your Hands'

Prison Dispatch from Leonard Peltier
June 05, 2015
"My life is in your hands."
English, with Dutch translation by Alice Holemans, NAIS Gazette
Greetings friends, supporters and Native Peoples,
I would like to begin by saying thank you to those of you who have been with me over these nearly 40 yrs, I know some have passed and we all miss them. Many of them gave their all to help Native nations.
Those of you still around have seen a lot of changes with the ILPDC. Most of the good volunteers had to leave for their own careers or health reasons and some just wanted to move on. But before they did go, they did some awesome things in building the Committee. Then there were, I must admit, a few who came along who had their own agenda. In the end, I was the one who lost out as a lot of the work done by others was lost. That is the situation with the Committee now.
So when my son Chauncey came to visit me after I hadn't seen him for over 16 yrs, I asked him if he would like to help me I needed someone to take care of my art work and to hire a good lawyer. We needed to reopen the Defense Committee, too. Chauncey said he would love to help me. Chauncey has been working hard. Please check out peltierart.com. If you can afford to purchase artwork, it would be a big help. The available art isn't bad, I'm told :-)
Together with Peter Clark and a new Board, Chauncey is also rebuilding the Committee as quickly as he can. But I can't wait for the Committee to get back working at full strength as time is running out for me to file a clemency petition. So I have to ask you supporters around the world for help.
I hear some people claim I don't need lawyers. That's not true. And it's important for supporters to understand that some of my attorneys work for free, but they have expenses the Committee needs to cover. Not all of my attorneys work for free, though, and some are very expensive.
I also hear that supporters think all my celebrity supporters have donated to the Committee? They rarely do and when they do their donations are far less than you might imagine.
No. The fact is that it's always been you supporters who have kept my hope for freedom alive. Now more than ever before I need and want your support.
But I don't just need funds. I need you to keep contacting President Obama. My life is in your hands. Please do your part to help convince the President to let me go home.
Thank you.
Doksha,
Leonard Peltier

Home » Free Leonard Peltier » LEONARD PELTIER- BRIEF UIT DE GEVANGENIS
LPvandaag.jpg
LEONARD PELTIER- BRIEF UIT DE GEVANGENIS

5 juni 2015

Gegroet, vrienden, supporters en Native volken

Ik wil beginnen met iedereen die deze 40 jaar aan mijn zijde hebben gestaan te bedanken. Sommigen onder hen zijn verder gegaan en we missen hen allemaal. Vele onder hen gaven hun alles om Native volken te helpen.

Diegenen die er nog zijn hebben een hoop veranderingen in het ILPDC meegemaakt.
Veel goede vrijwilligers hebben moeten afhaken omdat hun eigen carrière geen tijd overliet, of om gezondheidsredenen, anderen wilden gewoon verder.
Maar voor ze gingen hebben zij geweldige daden verricht in het comité.
Dan kwamen er enkele bij, en dat moet ik toegeven, die voor hun eigen agenda werkten.
Met resultaat dat ik het was dat ik het meeste verloren heb toen een hoop werk, gedaan door anderen verloren ging.
Zo is de toestand in het comité nu.

Dus toen mijn zoon Chauncey , mij kwam bezoeken heb ik hem gevraagd of hij me wou helpen om zorg te dragen voor mijn kunstwerken en een goede advocaat in de arm te nemen. Het Defense committee moest terug op poten gezet worden. Chauncey beloofde me te helpen en hij heeft reeds hard gewerkt. Neem eens een kijkje op www.peltierart.com

Wanneer u zich kan veroorloven om een werk te kopen, dan zou dat een grote hulp zijn.

Samen met Peter Clark en een nieuw bestuur werkt Chauncey hard aan het opstarten van het nieuwe comité.
Ik kan niet wachten tot het comité terug op volle kracht werkt , want mijn tijd dringt om het verzoekschrift voor clementie in te dienen.
Daarom vraag ik u, supporters van over de hele wereld om hulp.

Ik hoorde dat sommigen zeggen dat ik geen advocaten nodig heb. Dat is niet waar. En het is belangrijk dat u weet dat sommigen van mijn advocaten gratis werken, maar hun onkosten moeten door het comité vegoed worden.
En niet al mijn advocaten werken gratis en sommigen zijn duur.

Ik heb ook gehoord dat mensen denken dat mijn beroemde supporters geld schenken aan het comité. Dat doen ze zelden en wanneer ze het doen is het veel minder dan u denkt.

Neen, het feit is dat het steeds supporters zoals u geweest zijn die mijn hoop op vrijheid levend hielden. En nu, meer dan ooit heb ik u nodig.

Maar het gaat niet alleen om fondsen. Ik heb u nodig om President Obama te contacteren.
Mijn leven is in uw handen.
Doe a.u.b wat u kan om de President te overtuigen om me naar huis te laten gaan.
Dank u.

Doksha,
Leonard Peltier
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
U kan Leonard Peltier ook steunen via NAIS- Actie/steungroep Leonard Peltier, Vlaanderen- België
De opbrengst van onze LP stand en online shop gaat rechtstreeks naar Leonard Peltier’s juridische bijstand.
 A.H.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Writing and making contact to Desmond Tutu on his website, etc, is one path/avenue
since his publicly stated and commanded that Leonard needs to be freed.
Put public pressure on the prison systems, court systems, etc that are systematically
imprisoning innocent peoples. Going to "obama" isn't the answer (part of the 2-party system (#shell no anyone?)) or "Democracy Now" (gatekeepers? all bad news and never any solutions
or results, DN keeps the stories alive and to prolong the problems for many years without
a solution.
Ever notice how depressed, the angst, and lower vibration you
feel after listening to some of their stories? Is "Amy Goodman"
an AIPAC (israeli regime/jewish lobby) gatekeeper? CN

. Freeing
Leonard and all First Nation unconstitutionally jailed "prisoners" also comes from out of the box solutions, commands,
and highest thinking. It's time for him to come Home. May the
Great Mystery surround and protect First Nation's beloved
Leonard Peltier and gracefully, timely guide the process
of his freedom and of his relations and loved ones. Compassionate
and Fair Justice.

Command the release, not demand. Command. (Meredith Quinn of Dakota Nation
stated very clearly, you have to command the "zionist" white man)