Indigenous Peoples and Human Rights

February 27, 2013

Lakota and Wet'suwet'en Unite to Fight All Mining, Fracking and Pipelines!


(Click on photo to enlarge)
Debra White Plume, Lakota: "Whenever I see photos of our beautiful strong elder Lakota women standing up in their day, I feel my spirit grow stronger, my backbone gets stronger, my heart fills with more love. We of today had these wonderful role models to show us how to be real Lakota women and face the enemy however we have to, just as they did. They stood with their men, as we stand with ours. Some of us were fortunate enough and guided wisely to stand with them, back in the day. That is why we must always work with our younger women of today, just as our elder women worked with us to show us the way. Then it continues, generation to generation. keep loving, keep fighting."

No comments: