MNN. Feb. 28, 2013. Political paranoia is being considered a mental disorder. Those who question everything and especially conspiracy theorists, are considered to suffer from political paranoia. Every social disaster or political movement has its loonies: Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot. Jim Jones, Duncan Campbell Scott, Steven Harper, Tom Flanagan, Crusty the Clown, Federal Court of Canada, etc. What conditions have to exist before the paranoia is believed? As soon as it appears on mainstream TV or media, everybody believes it. If it’s not, they don’t believe it. Take the test to see if you are paranoid.
1. My blood boils when I see Stephen Harper on the news.
2. I wince when I see the Stars and Strips or the Maple Leaf flag on Indian cars.
3. I cannot listen to Indian radio stations without becoming enraged. The cherry picked opinions of the band and tribal council or their non-native employees make my blood boil.
4. A sign objecting to the casino has been sitting on my lawn for the past 10 years.
5.I avoid speaking my mind because I am afraid I might get called down or get an egg thrown on my car.
6. I don’t believe everything the band and tribal council says is the gospel truth.
7. I believe Homeland Security, CSIS or RCMP may be listening to my phone conversations. So I use an obscure dialect for code, like Mohawk.
8. I am against an individual ownership society.
9. I use traditional herbs to treat all sicknesses, even my political paranoia.
10. I avoid speaking to anyone in authority, even the grocery store cashier.
11. I think that Senator Brasseau, Shawn Atleo [AFN], the Pope, the Queen, the CEO of DeBeers Diamonds, Tom Flanagan are biased.
The Great Law instructs us to question everything. According to this quiz, It looks like most Mohawks would be considered politically paranoid. The Great Sage Red-X says, “The prescription to this perceived illness is the one mind, Onigonra””.
As the Kinks sang in Destroyer: “Feeling guilty. Feeling scared. Hidden cameras everywhere. Stop! Hold on. Stay in control. Paranoia, the destroyer”.
MNN Mohawk Nation News firstname.lastname@example.org For more news, books, workshops, to donate and sign up for MNN newsletters, go to www.mohawknationnews.com More stories at MNN Archives. Address: Box 991, Kahnawake [Quebec, Canada] J0L 1B0