Saturday, March 28, 2015

Lakota Vern Traversie's statement after jury denies his claims

Statement of Vern Traversie in wake of jury denying his claims‏

A jury in the U.S. District Court of South Dakota has ruled against Vern Traversie, the 71-year-old Cheyenne River Sioux man, who brought suit over civil rights violations that he endured while a patient in the Rapid City Regional Hospital in 2011.
Vern Traversie’s statement: “I thank the jurors and the Court for giving me my day in court. For me this is a victory in itself.  I shared my story about what happened to me while I was a patient at the Rapid City Regional Hospital for one reason: to make sure that no other American Indian is treated in an uncaring way.

Read Vern Traversie's statement at Last Real Indians:

(Below) Censored News video when it happened:


Blind, 68-year-old Lakota elder Vern Traversie has KKK carved into his torso while recovering from open heart surgery at Rapid City Regional Hospital on a referral from the Indian Health Service.
After 7 months of waiting for justice, Cheyenne River Sioux Nation tribal member Vern Traversie goes public with an appeal for justice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to what my elder endured...

Censored News PayPal

Censored News depends on reader donations for live coverage.

Censored News Copyrights

Copyrights of Censored News content are maintained by all writers, photographers and anyone whose work appears on Censored News. No content may be used without permission. No content may be used in any revenue scheme.