Indigenous Peoples and Human Rights

August 22, 2011

Mary Sojourner: San Francisco Peaks 'From Sacrilege to Sacredness'

From Sacrilege to Sacredness: What's the Big Deal About Snowmaking?

Monday 22 August 2011
by: Mary Sojourner, New Clear Vision | Op-Ed
Photo by Outta Your Backpack Media: Author Mary Sojourner being arrested as Klee Benally chained himself to an excavator on San Franicsco Peaks

This is not the first time I’ve traveled up this mountain. My once-lover Dark Cloud and I hiked, camped and made love in these old Ponderosa and Fir forests. My road buddy Everett and I crawled into a little cave in this mountain to drink water from an icy spring that tastes of volcanic rock. I’ve danced on the thick mat of pine needles under a New Moon and followed my son up Bear Jaw trail until I had no more breath.
http://www.truth-out.org/sacrilege-sacredness-whats-big-deal-about-snowmaking/1314041968

No comments: