Mohawk Nation News
Oct. 29, 2007.
The following position on the Border Issue is being presented by the Mohawk Women Title Holders on November 7, 2007 at the "Indigenous Peoples Border Summit of the Americas" at Tohono O'odham Nation which is claimed by foreign entities known as Mexico and the U.S. The corporate colonial franchises known as "Canada", "U.S." and "Mexico" are trying to illegally place physical and destructive restrictions on our movements over our ancestral lands. The Women Title Holder intend to serve notice to these immigrants and the world community that we refuse to tolerate it. Comments appreciated MNN Mohawk Nation News http://www.mohawknationnews.com/
The Kohtihon’tia:kwenio of the Kanion’ke:haka - Women Title Holders of the Mohawk Nation of the Rotino’shonni:onwe (Iroquois)
November 7, 2007
TO: The Invaders of North, Central and South America, all their criminal agencies and departments, their international terrorist allies and the useless members of the United Nations;
RE: Freedom of Rotino’shonni:onwe to traverse throughout Indigenous lands known as Onowaregeh, Turtle Island of the “ Western Hemisphere ” and beyond without hindrance from the invading aliens and their agents;
The Indigenous Peoples Border Summit of the Americas ,
San Xavier Community Center, 2018 West San Xavier Road, Tohono O’odham Nation whose territory is claimed by Mexico and the United States.
Our land is who we are. We can never forfeit ourselves or our land as we are part of Creation on in these lands known as the “Western Hemisphere”, which includes North, Central and South America . We were never conquered by anybody. We survived outright murder, chemical and germ warfare, starvation, genocide by statute, lies and ignorance committed by fabricated colonial nations that are squatting on our Indigenous lands. Canada, United States, Mexico and all the other colonists are fictitious “nations”. They are corporate “franchises” of Europe , not governments. They do not and can never have title to our land. Only we, the original Title Holders, have sovereign authority.
WAMPUM 44 –
GREAT LAW OF PEACE, KAIANEREH’KO:WA
According to Wampum 44 of our law, the Kaianereh’ko:wa, the Great Law of Peace, we, the Kohtihon’tia:kwenio - Women Title Holders - are the caretakers of the land, water and air of “Onowaregeh” [Turtle Island]; and as trustees, our obligation is to preserve and protect the land for the future generations.
a)WHEREAS the Two Row Wampum Agreement and Wampum 58 of the Kaianereh’ko:wa, Great Law of Peace, stipulate that no one shall restrict our freedom of passage on our lands we call Onowaregeh and beyond; we will always reject these artificial borders that were created by the capitalist corporations known as “Canada”, “United States” and “Mexico” which are meant to illegally divide up lands and resources stolen from the Indigenous peoples; and we, the original people, will continue to make agreements and alliances among our nations as we see fit and as we have done since time immemorial.
b)WHEREAS regarding the northeastern area of Onowaregeh, the Kohtihon’tia:kwenio give notice that we reject the attempt by the colonists to make unlawful restrictions on our freedom of passage on our territory and beyond.
c)WHEREAS respect for our rights is entrenched in the constitutions of Canada and the United States .
d)WHEREAS the Charter of the United Nations requires respect for the principles of equal rights and self-determination of peoples; and its members have signed a commitment to resolve differences peacefully without using force.
e)WHEREAS Canada, the United States and Mexico have ascribed to the internationally recognized standards for respecting political rights of the People as set out in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Convention on the Prevention of Genocide, United Nations Convention on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and other international legal instruments.
f)WHEREAS General Assembly Resolution 1541 (XV) requires the informed consent of the people before they are included in another state; and the international Court of Justice affirmed this Resolution in the Western Sahara case.
g)WHEREAS according to article 15 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Sections 1 and 2, every nation has a right to its nationality; and no nation can change another nation’s identity by imposing legislation to restrict travel, trade and commerce which must be unhindered throughout our original pre-contact territories.
h)WHEREAS international law is committed to affirming the equal and inalienable rights of all peoples.
i)WHEREAS Canada, the United States, Mexico and all other colonial states must abide by the international law principles that there can be no arbitrary encroachment on Indigenous peoples; ignoring the true Indigenous people is now universally recognized as illegal; independent Indigenous people’s rights must be respected and heeded; and our perspectives on the issues must not be ignored;
j)WHEREAS the Indigenous peoples have our own constitutions, we cannot be arbitrarily turned into Canadian, American or Mexican citizens without our knowledge or consent; and we cannot be governed by foreign laws that have been arbitrarily imposed without our consent.
k)WHEREAS foreign nations that have invaded our territory cannot restrict our movements and make unlawful demands for us to carry foreign passports and other forms of alien identity; we have made agreements and means by which to traverse the lands of our Indigenous allies; and we have a form of identification, the “Red Card”, which are issued to us under our constitution, the Kaianereh’ko:wa. The “Haudenosaunee Passport” is for travel outside of Onowaregeh.
l)WHEREAS the “Red Card” and the “Haudenosaunee Passport” identifies that a person is a “Haudenosaunee”, Six Nations, of Onowaregeh; according to the Two Row Wampum Agreement we are free to pass and re-pass by land or inland navigation or by air onto our territories; we are free to continue to carry on trade and commerce with each other; it is illegal for taxes, duties or any fees whatsoever to be extracted from us by any foreigners; we are free to hunt and fish anywhere on our territory; and we shall have free passage over all toll roads and bridges that have been built on Onowaregeh.
m)WHEREAS the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights provides that every human being has the inherent right to life and fundamental freedom; no one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his life or freedom; we demand that the United States stop the practice of murdering and detaining our people for crossing their illegally imposed economic border; this contravenes the internationally recognized principles of fundamental justice; life is sacred; and no product of the human imagination can justify these systemic detentions and murders. Human life may not be sacred to the invaders, but it is to us.
n)WHEREAS the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People has been adopted by a majority of 144 states; international law has affirmed that all Indigenous peoples are to be treated as equals to all other peoples; and we accordingly claim our right to the full enjoyment as collectives and as individuals to all the human rights and fundamental freedoms that have been recognized in the Charter of the United Nations, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and international law, including the right to self-determination and the right to self-government in all our affairs without being subjected to forced assimilation or destruction of our culture.
o)WHEREAS states are required to provide redress for violations of our rights through effective mechanisms; we hereby notify Canada, United States and Mexico that their citizens have been violating our rights; we demand they disarm and stop them from detaining and shooting us; we demand that they stop harassing and charging us in their illegally imposed judicial system; and should they have any issues with us, they must bring their complaints to the legal representatives of our traditional governments.
p)WHEREAS we are aware that torture is an intentional act that is premeditated, systemic and scientific which is meant to break down our dignity, our social fabric and foment terror within our people; and these detentions are illegal and violations of fundamental human rights.
q)WHEREAS most of us have been subjected to illegal “puppet” tribal and band councils imposed by foreign colonial states, we demand that the colonizing states disband their puppet entities and restore proper diplomatic relations with our inherent traditional governments.
WE, THE KOHTIHON’TIA:KWENIO SEEK TO INFORM YOU THAT THIS IS FULL AND FAIR NOTICE THAT:
Canada, United States, Mexico and other colonial franchises must cease and desist their attempts to violate our authority; that they must deal with us on a nation-to-nation basis as required under both our law and international law; that any individual or foreign entity wishing to discuss any issues between our nations must provide full information through proper diplomatic channels, which are the Governor General of Canada and the Presidents of the United States and Mexico, who have a duty to inform us.
We, the Kohtihon’tia:kwenio, brought this matter to the attention of Canada in an action in the Supreme Court of Canada – Kanion’ke:haka Kaianereh’ko:wa Kanon’ses:neh v. Attorney General of Canada and Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Ontarion, Court File: 05-CV-030785.
We, the Kohtihon’tia:kwenio, brought this constitutional jurisdiction issue before the U.S. Supreme Court. See No. 05-165: 2005. In the Supreme Court of the United States in re: Kanion’ke:haka Kaianereh’ko:wa Kanon’ses:ne, Non-party, Petitioner/Movant/Appellant, The Canadian St. Regis Band of Mohawk Indians, Plaintiffs, Respondents v. The State of New York , Defendants, Respondents. Petition for Writs of Certiorari and Quo Warranto with Prohibition and Mandamus in Aid to Prevent Genocide. Rules 17.1 and 20.1.
FOR THE ABOVE REASONS, WE, THE KOHTIHON’TIA:KWENIO, AS MEMBERS OF THE ROTINO’SHONNI:ONWE – IN ORDER TO PROTECT OUR PHYSICAL INTEGRITY AND LEGAL RIGHTS – SAY AS FOLLOWS:
i)The Women Title Holders of the Rotino’shonni:onwe does not tolerate the violations of our constitution, ancient customs, traditions and agreements by Canada, U.S., Mexico or any franchises, corporations and agents violating our inherent rights by encroaching on our land.
ii)Murder and torture have no place in either internal or international relations of any peoples. It is a violation of the Great Law which is the first and only law of the Western Hemisphere .
iii) We invite Canada, the U.S. and Mexico to put away their guns and weaponry so we can resolve our differences in a mature and peaceful way, by rediscovering and brightening the spirit of the Two Row Wampum and the Covenant Chain that began our peaceful international relationship centuries ago.
iv)Should Canada , U.S. and Mexico continue to breach our rights, we shall take the necessary measures available to us in the international arena to correct the injustices that have been committed against us.
v)It has never been acceptable to abuse people on the basis of race, religion, nationality, belief or membership in a particular social group. We invite all members of the colonizing societies to become partners with us to end the cycle of abuse, stop the illegal criminalization of our people and extend dignity, equality and a voice to all peoples.
KOHTIHON’TIA:KWENIO, the Women Title Holders of the Kanion’ke:haka of the Rotino’shonni:onwe:
Contact: P.O. Box 991 , Kahnawake of Mohawk territory [ Quebec , Canada ] J0L 1B0, firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Monday, October 29, 2007
NEW! Censored News
- ► 2013 (982)
- ► 2012 (793)
- ► 2011 (861)
- ► 2010 (731)
- ► 2009 (532)
- ► 2008 (686)
- Navajo Women Saanii, life sparkling magic
- Mohawk Women Title Holders: Notice on borders to i...
- Mohawk Nation News: Great Law and the Handsome Lak...
- FEMA scolded for phony news conference on fires
- Solidarity: Photos of Mohawks and Zapatistas at en...
- San Diego Harris fire began at controversial Black...
- Somewhere on the border
- 'We were left behind,' Rincon Indians lose 65 stru...
- Navajo and Hopi coalition urges global action for ...
- Blackwater at the border
- Scooby the dog, evacuating the San Diego fires
- Indigenous Border Summit responds to human rights ...
- 'No Border Wall' condemns violation of 20 federal ...
- Censored Blog hosts Earl Hutchinson on blog tour
- Press conference Indigenous Border Summit Thursday...
- Mohawks unite with Zapatistas at Intercontinental ...
- Driving into the San Diego fires
- 38th National Day of Mourning
- Priests protesting US torture in Florence prison
- Treaty Council: Pesticides workshop in Sinaloa, Me...
- Michael Lacey jailed for exposing Arpaio's spying
- O'odham: Awakening at the Zapatistas' Encuentro
- New Zealand terror police storm organic gardeners
- Indigenous Border Summit 2007, hotel rooms & campi...
- International Indian Treaty Council urges UN inter...
- Good night Fr. Steve and Fr. Louie
- Zapatistas imprisoned in New Zealand in crackdown
- Priests protesting US torture jailed for justice
- Global oppression intense as Indigenous Peoples ri...
- Ninth Circuit 'buckles' under US pressure for sewe...
- Love triangle in New Zealand: Police, media and wh...
- Naomi Klein: Blackwater-Halliburton-Bechtel lappin...
- Zapatistas' Intercontinental Encuentro attracts 54...
- Congratulations to NAMMY winners
- Maori Tame Iti denied bail
- Torture protest Tucson Wednesday 7:30 a.m.
- Maori seeking return of ancestral lands raided and...
- Blackwater trained US police
- Maoris arrested, denied bail
- Makah filmmaker's 'Maria Tallchief' airs on PBS
- Hopi Sacred Water Run to Mexico film in Albuquerqu...
- Global Green Indigenous Film Festival in New Mexic...
- Mohawk Nation News: 'Who's Sorry Now?'
- BOLIVIA RISING!
- Texas migrant prisons, free the children!
- Vernon Bellecourt takes flight to the Spirit World...
- Censored Blog's Nobelist Prize goes to Inuit Sheil...
- Harvey Arden: Welcome to Leavenworth
- Morales withdrawing Bolivian military from School ...
- Columbus Day Denver: Video of arrests
- Dirty coal and ash on the Navajo Nation
- Federal judge agrees to stall border fence
- Denver: Columbus protesters promise lawsuit over a...
- Bush, life in the White House Bubble
- Whoopi Goldberg & The View insult Columbus Day pro...
- AlaskaWild: Bush administration pushing for oil dr...
- Berkeley protests to escalate, museum attacks repa...
- Berkeley: Failed respect over ancestors' remains
- Denver Columbus Day protesters arrested
- Hats off to Texas! Tribute to Texas activists, not...
- Arizona Border Fence Environmental Impact Question...
- Cry from the top of the world, Arctic sea ice is m...
- Indian Uprising Radio: Kunstler filmmakers and Bil...
- Arm chair journalism, parasite reporters and edito...
- Berkeley: Rally to protect ancestral remains
- ▼ October (65)