Indigenous Peoples and Human Rights

November 25, 2014

Bahe: Keeping Legends Alive, Radio Show About October Sheep-Impoundments



From: "NaBahii Keediniihii"
Keeping Legends Alive, Radio Show About October Sheep-Impoundment
Greetings All,
40 years, I have lived and witness my Dineh community stand up for liberation, honor the Treaty of 1868, honor their ancestors who have fought against the colonial Spainards and Euro-Americans, honor the Great Spirits of the Female Mountain (Big Mountain and Black Mesa), rekindle the flames of Dineh Sovereign resistance, and made declarations to resistance U.S. Anti-Indian policies known as PL 93-531.
Today, many of my great elder Chiefs have gone to the Spirit world and if they were still around, only they would know who I was and how I fought alongside them. Now, I am alone but I just hope to keep my elder Chiefs' voices alive.
Here's a link to a 14 minute, video slideshow that includes a radio interview about this October BIA invasion and attack on traditional life of the Dineh:
Mitakuye Oyasin.
Kat the Bahe

No comments: