Mni Wiconi NODAPL Ten Year Reunion: A Time for Healing, Prayer and a New Generation
By Water Protectors, Censored News, Today, September 18, 2026
PORCUPINE CREEK, Standing Rock Nation -- It is a time for celebration, a time for healing and prayer, and a time for a new generation. It is the Mni Wiconi NODAPL Ten Year Reunion. This morning Lakota Chief Arvol Looking Horse is leading a Ceremony with the Headsmen.
Wasté Win Young, Lakota organizer of the reunion, said, "Yesterday, I was gifted a painting from our planning committee and Ladonna’s necklace by her son, Freedom. I cried. I showed my mom. Then she cried. It was a beautiful day today. Genuine happiness. Loving relatives."
Dr. Michelle Cook, Dine' attorney said, "Thankful! What a blessing. Hundred people fed today and more in the coming days. Thankful to those who made it and praying for those who could not or can’t."
Wasté Win Young, Lakota organizer of the reunion, said, "Yesterday, I was gifted a painting from our planning committee and Ladonna’s necklace by her son, Freedom. I cried. I showed my mom. Then she cried. It was a beautiful day today. Genuine happiness. Loving relatives."
"So good to see fellow water protectors from near and far. This morning we are having a ceremony at the NODAPL camp site with Chief Arvol Looking Horse and the headsmen. Please join us. Thank you to everyone. I love you all so much," Waste said Friday morning.
![]() |
| NODAPL Reunion underway. Photo by Michelle Cook |
"We are praying for all and praying for Creation."
"Sacred fire was lit after 10 years with the ashes and logs of the original fire. People unite after 10 years. Praying for healing for all those who need and want healing. May they find it those who seek it. Will always stand with my family here. Some stake down when the hard times come. This family who in my hard times held me up. No matter what comes we will continue to love and hold each other up."
![]() |
| Photo credit Winona Kasto, Lakota head cook After serving up buffalo soup, wild rice and more, Winona Kasto shared a photo from last night's concert. Tonight there will be another concert on the banks of Porcupine Creek, where Water Protectors are pouring in. The best part is seeing old friends, friends made during the revolution for the water. Previous article Lakota Youth Runners Run for the Water, Pots of Good Food Being Served at Reunion https://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2026/09/lakota-youths-runners-now-at-nodapl.html Check back for updates today. Censored News 2026 |
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment